Benefits administration is an ideal field to reap the benefits of automation of various HCM solutions as it saves time and handles valuable pieces of data. Keeping this in view, it is beneficial to automate the various HR functions with readily available HR software solutions and free the HR personnel for core functions. However, the stand-alone HCM solutions, such as payroll, appraisal, stock options, and employee healthcare suffer from the lack of synchronized functionality and duplication of data thus, demanding more maintenance efforts
What is integrated benefits administration software?
IT System integration is the revolutionary step towards digital transformation which refers to the process of operationally connecting separate computer systems or software applications into a single larger system, allowing each individual software system to work together harmoniously. As with any Benefits solution, you can either opt for a stand-alone solution or one that is integrated with the rest of your HCM functionality. The primary advantage of the integration of Benefits administration Software is that your benefits data is then at the same data format and structure as all your other HCM data, allowing for easier inclusion in analytics and reports.
What are the benefits of integrated benefits administration software?
An integrated Benefits Administration Software not only helps organizations plan and administer employee benefits packages ensuring compliance to government regulations, but also manages the smooth functioning of all HCM processes. IT ensures avoiding data redundancy and manual errors with critical data. The key benefits of a fully integrated Benefits Administration Software are outlined as follows:
- Vertical integration of HR processes with other business processes wherein each layer or element works upwards to meet common business requirements
- Horizontal integration of HCM sub-modules facilitating synchronous operation and communication
- Point-to-point Star Integration of HCM processes to avoid data redundancy and errors
- Common data format and similar user interface for both HCM and Benefits Administration for convenience and comfort of users
- Real-time benefits data processing with superior analytics and reports
- Seamless data translation between HCM and Benefits Software through automation
- Scalability for dynamic workloads by adding the flexibility of automation
- Higher operational efficiency due to business continuity
- Versatile communication capabilities due to an integrated data structure
- Scalability and flexibility to include additional technology at ease
- Historical analysis features identifying trends over time in terms of benefits, cost, and usage
- Lower operating costs due to efficient process control mechanisms
- Enhanced competitiveness due to better scope of integration with vendor communication and supply chain software modules
- Compliance with local legislative norms such as ACA, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA.
- Integration capabilities to partners such as health insurers, physician networks, legal advisors, tax consultants, etc.
- Optimized employee benefits through automated employee enrollment and updated information entered via the HCM system
6 steps to implement integrated benefits administration software
When it is time to implement the fully integrated employee benefits administration software in your organization, asking the right questions and laying down the system integration project steps are critical for efficiency. The following 6 steps can guide you to a successful implementation:
Plan an implementation framework after consensus of all functions :
In order to save the implementation from derailment in the midway by the naysayers, it is essential to build a common consensus of all functions of the business on the implementation plan which should include setting goals with definite timelines and establishing success metrics.
2. Confirm details from legal and tax advisors :
Benefit laws are incredibly complicated and so a detailed plan needs to be consulted with a legal advisor for compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Also, the tax implications need to be confirmed from the tax consultants for impact on the employee benefits.
3. Align with other company policies and procedures :
The benefits software impacts all corners of the organization and so it needs to be fine-tuned to align with all existing organizational policies and procedures for best results before complete integration.
4. Develop a benefits communication plan:
Once the employee benefits plans are available to be shared, it is best to plan for effective communication across the organization for awareness of all employees. In addition to planning effective communications of the essential content, effective communication channels like online, paper, in-person, bulletins, emails, and portals need to be established.
5. Designate Benefits ambassadors:
Build a team of employees specially trained on the Benefits software as Benefit Ambassadors to build awareness about the advantages and uses of the integrated software as well as monitor and control the entire process of implementation.
6. Conduct a post-implementation debrief:
Once the Benefits Administration Software is fully integrated with HCM and operations, consider conducting a short debrief across all functional areas of the organization focusing primarily on:
- What went well?
- What needs improvement?
- What are the additional requirements?
Challenges in integrating benefits administration software
Despite the advantages it offers for many organizations, ensuring the proper integration of the Benefits Administration procedures with other systems, such as talent management software and payroll software can be difficult. There are also challenges in ensuring data accessibility and availability on demand, cybersecurity, cost reduction, or obtaining scalable, flexible, and strong internal networks.
In general, you may face the following challenges while integrating Benefits Administration Software in your organization:
1. Different perspectives from different business units :
Each team in the business has a different set of responsibilities and may use different applications or systems to fulfill them. The integration model must seek to establish a management model and access to data that is useful to all and satisfy all needs. In addition to responding to the business demands, the integration model should yield a standardized view of data across the organization.
2. Monolithic legacy systems :
Many organizations heavily rely on their legacy systems with monolithic architecture which cannot be replaced easily.
3. Scalability and maintenance:
The integration implementation must not only respond to present business demands but also should be capable to respond to future performance, maintenance, reuse, and scalability requirements.
4. Choice of the right benefits software:
Getting this decision right has a huge impact in terms of speed of integration, functionality, cost, and customization options. The chosen tool should allow for seamless integration among all modules for both on-premises and cloud-based applications.
Accomplish EP can help you achieve just the right implementation for your organization with tailor-made solutions to cater to your specific needs.
Our team offers customized HCM solutions and online payroll software with fully integrated Benefits Administration Software for your organization all across the USA.
With years of expertise and consultation experience in Benefits Administration Software implementation, we help organizations reap benefits of higher ROI from automation efforts faster, easier, and at scale.
Some of the unique features of the Accomplish EP are as follows:
- Truly personalized and customized to your choice
- Flexible integrator tool
- Fully integrated and scalable
- Compliance ready, intuitive, and easy for fulfilling ACA and other regulations
- Simplified open enrollment
- Integrated decision support tool
- Real-time benefits analytics
- Carrier connectivity with 3D EDI tools
- The latest technology with White label communication
- Improvised Non-Disclosure Agreement